We love smoothies in this house. I especially love them because they are quick and easy. On school days when we are running tight on time, it’s easy to throw a bunch of healthy ingredients into the blender. It’s also quick and easy to slurp down. It’s a great way to get a lot of nutrition and still get out the door on time.
Today we made a Coconut Berry Smoothie. The kids downed these in mere minutes and, of course, I thought it was pretty tasty too!
Coconut water is very hydrating and has an amazing amount of potassium. It also boasts plenty of electrolytes and minerals, making it a better choice than store bought sports drinks. Just be sure to buy coconut water with no added sugars or juices.
And I don’t think I have to tell you how nutritious berries are, right?
Coconut Berry Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups mixed frozen or fresh berries (I used Trader Joe’s frozen Organic Mixed Berry Blend)
- 1 cup Coconut Water (I used Trader Joe’s 100% Pure Coconut Water)
- 1 very ripe banana
- a few ice cubes if using fresh fruit
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend about 30 seconds until smooth